VWL Lovers & Groupies thread: It all started with a Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have awesome Dads on this thread. I could name them, but you all know who you are.
The Dads on this thread are, in my opinion, are one of the reasons that it is such a special one.

To all of you, a heartfelt :flower3:

Happy Father's Day to all of our Groupie Dads

Happy Father's Day!

My Moose Dad (DH) is out of town, so I am home all alone for a few days....again. He travels a lot.

Intro......we own at OKW and VGC as well as our new VWL purchase. Loving it all!!

I have met bobbiwoz a couple of times :wave:

I was once a member of a super thread "clique". It moved 15-20 pages a day....very hard to keep up and respond to everyone, so I will do my best here.

I do have a DCL trip coming in Sept....super excited about that. Made shore excursion and Palo ressies last night :yay: Could only get dinner at Palo though :(

Live in WA....moving to AZ this summer after over 2 years of trying to sell this house, we give up and will keep it for a few years until the market gets better.

Hi Meriweather. Can I call you MW? Yup, I am the lazy Groupie.

DCL in Sept! Got your Palo!! You are all set! Last DCL cruise someone on our DCL thread managed to snag the 'party room' for a brunch. Have you checked the DCL thread for your cruise? It worked out great. Good luck!

And best wishes for the relocation to AZ.

We usually just do a page or so a day. 15-20 pages a day....:scared1:

WD, thanks for the day count!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all GROUPIE DADS

clipfatherson3.gif

What Teapot said!!!

Meriweather - no cliques here. All are welcomed & treated the same whether you're on the thread every day or once in awhile. Best of luck with your relocation to AZ. That DCL cruise in Sept. sounds great. Have I mentioned we love pics on this thread?! ::yes::

A big WELCOME to the new groupies. We are glad you joined us!

And a continued thank you to the well wishers. I really do appreciate it!

And thanks to those who offer advice on what to avoid eating. Strawberries have been really good around here so I have been eating my fair share of them, more than usual. I definitely want to keep this under control if it is possible, hoping it is.

To all the great dads whom I have had the pleasure of meeting, and to the ones I look forward to meeting in the future!

So I salute you with a big ol Moose grunt(just imagine something that sounds similar to a bear, and you have the Moose grunt)

Thank you again for all the welcomes :)

Pictures....well, I have a lot, but hard to post them....dial-up in WA :eek: AZ will be better!!

I was surprised to read on the cruise meets thread that someone snagged the brunch on the cruise I am going on at a later time than I was on :mad:
I didn't even get the option of looking at it....only dinner was clickable. Checked again and same thing.
Will have to try when we get onboard.
I am going with BFF and we are soooo excited!!

Happy Father's Day to all our Groupies Fathers!

I have my eye on a small resale contract at VWL, and possibly another at BCV, plus I'm planning on adding on more VGC before they sell out. As soon as we get the green light that we've been approved, we'll be making the offers and calling our guide in CA.

Welcome frandandaj! Here's some pixiedust: that you will be a VWL owner soon!

JT hope that you are feeling better soon. DH has diverticulosis, too, Metamucil is his friend! ;)

I'm off to our sister lodge, VGC, next week. :cool1: Another lodge in the pines! :love:

Hey everyone!

This thread looks like it's going to be lots of fun!!!
My dh and I just bought into OKW! But my heart has always been at VWL!! I have never been been fortunate enough until now to be able to stay in any of the bigger resorts... So I might not own there, but i am going to stay there every chance I get!

Great thread! Can't wait to read more!

Oh and btw we are planning a trip to wdw in march...during mardi GRAS... Anyone ever had a bard time getting into vwl during that time of year????

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for the welcomes :)

Not sure I can keep up with this thread....moves fast!!

Meri...welcome to the VWL Groupies thread! :welcome: Don't worry about keeping up. Just jump in any time, or drop by to say hi. We especially like any stories or pictures about our beloved WL and VWL. :thumbsup2

I'm so glad this group started a new thread, it's time that I join up and I would not have had the time to read through all the posts in the last one!

Alison...Also, welcome to the VWL Groupies thread! :welcome: As was said above, there is no requirement to read entire threads or catch up. People are welcome to stay as long or short a visit as they wish. We always enjoy people who just have a love of VWL and life in general. :)

franandaj said:
I have my eye on a small resale contract at VWL, and possibly another at BCV, plus I'm planning on adding on more VGC before they sell out. As soon as we get the green light that we've been approved, we'll be making the offers and calling our guide in CA.

Back in 1997 we stayed at the Lodge and it was one of my favorite locations at WDW, so I'm really looking forward to owning here so that every three years or so I can stay for 4-5 days!

Sounds like a great plan. Here's some Moose Dust (our version of pixie dust) for good luck with your contract.

Thanks! Wow this is most welcome thread of owners I've joined! :hug: And I still haven't made the offer on the points!

Allison...We have no requirement that people own at VWL, or have even stayed there. As long as people appreciate what WL and VWL have as far as ambience and theming, they are more than welcome to come here. :)

I was once a member of a super thread "clique". It moved 15-20 pages a day....very hard to keep up and respond to everyone, so I will do my best here.

Meri...No pressure to "keep up" here. Just jump in any time even if the thread has moved a few pages. We are a low maintenance bunch of internet friends. :woohoo:

To all the great dads whom I have had the pleasure of meeting, and to the ones I look forward to meeting in the future!

So I salute you with a big ol Moose grunt(just imagine something that sounds similar to a bear, and you have the Moose grunt)

Jimmy...thanks, and a big Happy Father's Day to all the Groupie Dads, Grandpas, Godfathers and those men who have mentored or been involved with activities for our youth. :thumbsup2

Thanks to all who have wished the Happy Father's Day. I intend to enjoy it completely doing as little as possible! :beach:

Hey everyone!

My dh and I just bought into OKW! But my heart has always been at VWL!! I have never been been fortunate enough until now to be able to stay in any of the bigger resorts... So I might not own there, but i am going to stay there every chance I get!

Oh and btw we are planning a trip to wdw in march...during mardi GRAS... Anyone ever had a bard time getting into vwl during that time of year????

Thanks in advance!

Heart belongs to VWL??? Sounds like a Groupie to me!!
Grab yourself a Moosie for your siggie and join us whenever you can. :goodvibes

I don't think March is a particularly difficult time of year to get into VWL,
but just in case....:wizard: Pixie dust for you.

:yay: We need to start new threads more often, look at all the nice new Groupies!:yay:

I do usually have a lot of time, but right now with packing up the house, computer time is more limited than it should be ;)

You can call me Nancy, Meri, or any variation ::yes::

I hang out on the exchange board most of the time.

Look forward to getting to know you all better.

Funny, when I was part of the old Yaya group, we had a meet and DH made everyone moose heads :rotfl: (he is a hobbyist woodworker)

Thanks! Wow this is most welcome thread of owners I've joined! :hug: And I still haven't made the offer on the points!

Yes this is the friendliest thread on the boards! Welcome! Nice to have another Alison on the thread, I spell mine with 2 L's though. You don't need to own to be a groupie. You just need to have a love for the Lodge!

Thanks, I HADN'T seen them, and they're great! I e-mailed the link to my DS and DDiL!:thumbsup2

Glad you liked them!

I'm off to our sister lodge, VGC, next week. :cool1: Another lodge in the pines! :love:
Oh lucky you! It is a beautiful resort!!! Have a great trip!!

Hey everyone!

Thanks in advance!

Welcome!!!!!! Glad to have you here!

I
Funny, when I was part of the old Yaya group, we had a meet and DH made everyone moose heads :rotfl: (he is a hobbyist woodworker)

WE WANT MOOSE HEADS!!!!!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!

WE WANT MOOSE HEADS!!!!!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!

I've a bumper sticker that says "Brake for Moose, it could save your life!" Gets a lot of notice here in Ohio,where I don't believe we have moose:goodvibes, but I've had one ever since my DS went to school in New Hampshire.

Yes, I hope all Dad's had a great day today!

Bobbi

Checking in from Maine where the Moose is King !!!!

images

A big Moose hug to all you New Groupies :grouphug:

Hi Meriweather :wave2: I'm pleased to make your acquaintance! Welcome to the Groupies!

Thank you again for all the welcomes :)

Pictures....well, I have a lot, but hard to post them....dial-up in WA :eek: AZ will be better!! .....

We have something in common: we have dial-up in our area of Ohio, too. What a pain! It's an easy 20-30 minutes just to post 1 picture. Someday I hope to have high-speed.... Until then, I'll just enjoy everyone elses.

I hope all our Moose Dads have enjoyed their special day!

Happy Fathers Day!

Thanks, tea pot for the moose picture! Great photo!

Okay, time to move this thread into VWL mode!! Here's a few of the oldies but goodies pictures we've seen before:

Kicking it off with the traditional approach shot:

HPIM2213.jpg

And in our minds, we will always see this ambassador of WL greeting us when we get there:

ranger-stan-1.jpg

Our little buddy hiding in the VWL atrium:

Hiddenmouse.jpg

And finally, a Bay Lake sunrise:

BayLakeSunrise.jpg

Now where did I put that WL music CD?? :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter